Contact Us
What's New
An Introduction
Health in Canada
Higher Studies
Hiring in Canada
Housing in Canada
Migration to Canada
Welfare Schemes
Your Rights & Duties

Provincial Nominee Programs

Skilled Worker Class

Business Class

Immigration Today


Online Assessments


Online Payments

Study Permits

Work Permits

Visitor Visa

Permanent Resident Cards

Change Terms & Conditions

Humanitarian & Compassionate Cases

Live-in Caregivers

Refugee Claimants


In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5002)

Two (2) photocopies (three (3) if you live in Quebec) of the In Canada Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5002) form

Authority to Release Information to Designated Individuals (IMM 5476), if applicable

Photocopies of the following items: (Photocopies do not need to be certified.)

Passport pages for you and any dependants in Canada clearly showing the passport number, name, date of birth, passport issue/expiry date, entry and exit stamps, visas for Canada and any other countries, and stamp made by a Canadian authority showing most recent entry into Canada

Birth certificates or baptismal certificates for you and all your dependants

Marriage certificate, if applicable

Proof of your common-law relationship (e.g., evidence of joint bank, trust, credit union or charge card accounts; jointly signed residential lease, mortgage or purchase agreement; statutory declarations of individuals with personal knowledge that your relationship is genuine and continuing), if applicable

Divorce, annulment or death certificates, if you were previously married

Custody papers for dependent children from a previous marriage/relationship

Proof of medical examination results, if applicable

Original documents:

Police Certificate(s)

Certified translations for all documents (e.g. police, birth certificates, etc.) that are not in English or French

Proof of two years of authorized full-time employment as a live-in caregiver

- Signed and dated letter from current employer indicating the day, month and year you began working for him or her

- Signed and dated letter from all previous employers indicating start and finish dates (day, month and year)

- Record of Employment for all previous employers

- Notice of Assessment which can be obtained by calling Revenue Canada


Two (2) passport-sized photos of you and any dependants in Canada stapled to the "In-Canada Application for Permanent Residence" (IMM 5002) form. Make sure names are written on the back. (Passport-sized photos for your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children over 18 who are in Canada should be attached to their application form.)

Processing Fees

Copy 2 of the Receipt form that has been stamped by a bank or credit union showing the amount paid. (No other form of payment is acceptable.) (Include fee for work permit if you are applying for one.)

This Document Checklist (IMM 5282)

You have addressed the envelope with correct postage to:
Case Processing Centre, Vegreville, AB, T9C 1W3




CIC Call Centres

Community Service Centres

Fee Schedule

Medical Examination

Police Clearances

Your Rights & Obligations

Who Can Represent You